Shangri-La's Barr Al Jissah - *AL HUSN*Oman, Oman beach holiday
Shangri-La's Barr Al Jissah - *AL HUSN*
The hotel Al Husn is at the end of the bay in front of the steep coast on a sandy beach. There is a 100 metre private sandy beach.
Airport Muscat: around 45 km
City Centre Muscat: around 20 km
This complex with its three hotels is situated on a spacious area that includes a big pool facility. The grounds and buildings on this complex have been laid out to match the flair of a typical village in Oman. The two swimming pools of the hotel Al Waha and Al Bandar are connected with one another by the 500 metre long Lazy River and they provide a lot of space for relaxation. The complex has numerous options for those seeking sports activities, a large a wellness area, a PADI diving centre, a hair dresser and a beauty salon, 11 souvenir and outlet shops (Al Waha and Al Bandar) and an amphitheatre with 1,000 seats.
This exclusive 6 star hotel offers luxury in Arab style for demanding guests in a private surrounding. Next to the separate beach guests of Al Husn are able to access further additional separate facilities: A separate swimming pool and fitness room, a library and cigar lounge.
NUMBER OF ROOMS:
Al Husn: 180
All types of rooms have a balcony, terrace or patio, bathroom with separate shower, hair dryer, bathrobes, electronic safe, SAT TV, IDD telephone, coffee and tea making facilities, mini bar, air conditioning and offer a 24 hours room service.
Following services are offered to the guests free of charge:
– Provision of an iPod
– Laundry service
– Internet access
– Fitness room with personal trainer
– Happy hour from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. with cocktails in the Lobby Lounge (except around Ramadan)
– Daily newspaper – afternoon tea from 3.30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Teatime from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
– Beach bag
Deluxe Pool view: (about 48 m² + 8 m² balcony); with view over the pool or garden.
Deluxe Sea View: (about 48 m² + 8 m² balcony); with guaranteed sea view.
One-Bedroom Suite: (about 116 m² + 16 m² balcony); with separate living area and bedroom and guaranteed sea view.
Additional services for the suite guests:
- Limousine transfer to/from the airport
- Reserved beach and pool loungers
– 24 hour butler service
– Fruit basket and flowers on arrival
Speciality Suites: (around 174 m² + around 24 m² terrace); all suites are furnished in luxurious Arab decor with separate living room and dining area, a spacious bathroom with a separate shower and sea view as well as a spacious terrace with jacuzzi. One is offered a stunning panoramic view over the Gulf of Oman. Besides that the same services like "One-Bedroom Suite".
Breakfast: Rich buffet
Half board: Lunch or dinner as a 3 course meal in the Restaurant Sultanah
Full board: Lunch and dinner as a 3 course meal in the Restaurant Sultanah
The hotel offers 19 restaurants, bars and lounges which cater for an abundance of culinary tastes. There is an á la carte restaurant (Sultanah) with a wide range of international cuisine, one with Moroccan cuisine (Shahrazad) and three bars (Pool, Beach, Lounge) that offer snacks and light meals.
The newly opened CHI Spa offers a great wellness area with 12 private treatment rooms, sauna, jacuzzi and steam bath.
Charge: All treatments
4 tennis courts with floodlights, miniature golf, wind surfing, snorkelling, fitness room.
Charge: Diving (PADI), sailing
Children must be accompanied by their parents or a responsible adult.
Children from the age of 12 are welcome to the Sultanah Restaurant.
The pool and beach facilities are freely available to children from the age of 16. Children under 16 are welcome to use the facilities in Al Bandar and Al Waha.
NOTE TO RAMADAN (2017/05/27-2017/06/24)In all countries, the Islamic month of fasting Ramadan celebrated. During this period the faithful abstain between sunrise and sunset, inter alia, on eating, drinking and smoking.
Out of respect for the faithful during the day is therefore also the tourist into the public food (also Chew bubble gum), drinking and smoking is not allowed. The restaurant and bar is also restricted in the hotels. The hotel restaurants are open, but meals and beverages are not served during the day outdoors. The entertainment during the day is also limited in the trips and hotels.
In short, public life is with some exuberant celebrations after sunset until midnight instead.
The Ramadan ends with a big party, which is about 3 days and drags with our Christmas comparable.
-DATES WITHOUT WARRANTY-
Meal plan (Shangri-La's Barr Al Jissah - *AL HUSN*)
- Breakfast Already included
- Half board (Breakfast & lunch or dinner (3 courses) in Sultanah Restaurant $ 64,-
- Private transfer Oman - Ras Al Khaimah $ 209,-
- The private transfer is made between the hotels in Oman and Ras Al Khaimah.
- Private transfer Oman - Dubai $ 209,-
- The private transfer is made between the hotels in Oman and Dubai.
- Private transfer Oman - Abu Dhabi $ 332,-
- The private transfer is made between the hotels in Oman and Abu Dhabi.
Images Shangri-La's Barr Al Jissah - *AL HUSN*
- Muscat City Tour from $ 56,-
- Monday & Wednesday (Half Day)
The tour begins by driving through the beautiful embassy quarter of Muscat en route to Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque. We stop to visit the mosque, a splendor of unique Islamic architecture*. We drive to Muttrah, a delightful quarter of Muscat. Step into the fish market, stroll along the Corniche to admire the beautiful merchant houses and experience the shopping in its busy souk, well known for its silver craft shops, perfumes, souvenirs and much more to buy. The tour continues to the Old Town where we proceed on foot, strolling around Portuguese forts Jalali and Mirani and Qasr Al Alam, the Palace of HM Sultan Qaboos. Our next stop is Bait Al Zubair Museum with its wealth of information and exhibits on the country’s culture, tradition and heritage.
Dress Code: Loose long trousers or long skirts, long sleeves and a head scarf for ladies. No shorts for men.
Departs: Mon, Wed Duration (ca.): Half-day Private: Yes Guide language: English
- Enchanting Forts - Nizwa from $ 86,-
- Thursday only (Full Day)
We start with a spectacular drive through the Hajar mountains via the oases of Fanjah and Birkat Al Mauz to reach Nizwa and the impressive 17th century Fort. Then on to the Nizwa Souk famous for its Bedouin silver jewellery. The drive continues via Tanuf and Bahla to Jabreen, to visit one of Oman’s most beautiful forts, famous for its wall and ceiling murals. Return to Muscat.
Departs: Thu Duration (ca.): All-day Guide language: English
- The Coastal Caravan from $ 171,-
- From Muscat you first head to the coastal town of Quriyat, famous for its beautiful beaches. Then onto a photo-stop at the ‘Sinkhole’ : part of a mountain that has collapsed and filled with sea water. Drive via the White Beach and Wadi Shab to the picturesque village of Tiwi. Picnic lunch en route. After lunch proceed to the historical site of Bibi Myriam, before returning to Muscat.
|Transfer from/ to Hotel incl.:|./.|
Departs: Sun Duration (ca.): All-day Meals included: Yes Private: Yes Guide language: English
- The Mountain of the Sun from $ 152,-
- Enjoy a great day out driving through the fascinating Hajar Mountains and the oases of Fanjah. In Nizwa we visit the famous 17th century fort and the souk with its excellent Bedouin jewellery. Continue to Misfah, a village seemingly hewn out of rock. After the visit of Misfah, we drive up to Jebel Shams, the ‘Mountain of Sun’. From a height of nearly 2000 metres, you will have an outstanding view deep into the ‘Grand Canyon of Oman’. The next stop will be in the picturesque Al Hamra, one of the last loam villages in Oman. Picnic lunch en-route. Return to Muscat.
|Transfer from/ to Hotel incl.:|./.|
Departs: Mon Duration (ca.): All-day Meals included: Yes Private: Yes Guide language: English
- Desert Wonder from $ 131,-
- Driving off-road a dirt track meanders through the fascinating Hajar Mountains to Wadi Abyad, famous for its water pools (which fill up when it rains). The tour proceeds to the desert for an exciting dune drive. Return to Muscat after the barbecue dinner.
|Transfer from/ to Hotel incl.:|./.|
Departs: Mon Duration (ca.): Half-day Meals included: Yes Private: Yes Guide language: English